ANNUAL REPORT (2017-18) OF NAVAL UNIT NCC,
SREE NARAYANA COLLEGE, KOLLAM
The NCC, as a premier youth organization in our country has immensely contributed in propagating national unity and integrity among youth. Its role in instilling the values of character, discipline and hard work and in shaping them into dynamic and responsible citizens of the country has been well recognized. NCC continues to be a platform for grooming tomorrow’s citizen and leaders.
Empower volunteer youth to become potential leaders and responsible citizens of the country
To develop leadership and character qualities, mould discipline and nurture social integration and cohesion through multi-faceted programmes conducted in a military environment
Aims of NCC
- Developing character, camaraderie, discipline, a secular outlook, the spirit of adventure and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens.
- Creating a pool of organized, trained and motivated youth with leadership qualities in all walks of life, who will serve the nation regardless of which career they choose.
- Provide an environment conducive to motivating young Indians to choose the Armed forces as a career.
It is my privilege to place before you a brief report of the activities and achievements of NCC cadets, Sree Narayana College, Kollam for the period 2017-2018. This report would enable us to make a self assessment of the achievements and drawbacks of the functioning of Naval Unit NCC our college during 2017-2018.
The NCC activity for the academic year started with the Enrollment of First Year Degree students. The strength of our unit is 50. Enrollment was on 9 and 10 August 2017. Prior to the selection process, a brief overview was given to get a general idea about Naval NCC activities. Out of 104 students who were interested to join NCC, 21 students were enrolled (14 SDs and 7 SWs). Cadets were selected based on good academic record, physical fitness test, swimming test, interview and genuine interest to join NCC.
NOMINAL ROLL 2017-18
|Sl. No.||Regimental No.||Rank||Name||Class|
|1.||KER/SN/15/139017||NC I||AMAL MOHANAN||B.A. Journalism|
|2.||KER/SN/15/139021||LCdt||JYOTHIRMOI M.R.||B.A. Philosophy|
|3.||KER/SN/15/139024||LCdt||SUBIN JOHN||B.A. English|
|4.||KER/SN/15/139025||LCdt||ANANTHAPADMANABHAN G.K.||B.Sc. Zoology|
|5.||KER/SN/15/139027||LCdt||NITHIN V.||B.Sc. Chemistry|
|7.||KER/SN/15/139029||SCC||ATHUL C. NAIR||B.A. English|
|8.||KER/SW/15/139030||NC II||ARYA A.||B.A. Politics|
|9.||KER/SW/15/139031||POC||KEERTHANA M.||B.A. Hindi|
|10.||KER/SW/15/139032||NC I||ARYAMOL KM||B.A. Politics|
|11.||KER/SW/15/139034||NC I||SANTHINI S.||B.A. Philosophy|
|12.||KER/SW/15/139035||NC I||ANJANA VIKRAMAN||B.Sc. Botany|
|13.||KER/SW/15/139036||NC I||KRISHNA N.||B.A. Hindi|
|14.||KER/SW/15/139038||NC I||SUMITHA M.||B. Com|
|15.||KL/17/SD/N/128952||NC I||VIPIN CHANDRAN R||B.Sc. Maths|
|16.||KL/16/SD/N/128953||NC I||SOURAV M||B.Sc. Physics|
|17.||KL/16/SD/N/128954||NC I||SARATHKUMAR S||B.Sc. Maths|
|18.||KL/16/SD/N/128955||NC I||SYAMJITH M||B.Sc. Physics|
|19.||KL/16/SD/N/128956||NC I||NIBIN A KUMAR||B.A. English|
|20.||KL/16/SD/N/128957||NC I||MENINO FUTO||B.Sc. Maths|
|21.||KL/16/SD/N/128958||NC I||GOUTHAM GIREESH||B.Sc. Physics|
|22.||KL/16/SD/N/128960||LCdt||AMAL DEV A||B.A. Politics|
|23.||KL/16/SD/N/128970||NC I||ASWIN DAS||B.Sc. Physics|
|24.||KL/16/SW/N/128963||NC I||RESHMA MATHEW||B.Sc. Physics|
|25.||KL/16/SW/N/128964||NC I||GAYATHRI S||B.Sc. Maths|
|26.||KL/16/SW/N/128965||NC I||ANUPRIYA B.M.||B.Sc. Botany|
|27.||KL/16/SW/N/128966||NC I||ANU M.G.||B. Com|
|28.||KL/16/SW/N/128967||NC I||AYANA ANILKUMAR||B.Sc. Physics|
|29.||KL/16/SW/N/128968||NC I||ASWATHY RAJ||B.Sc. Physics|
|30.||KL/17/SD/N/128951||NC II||AKASH A||BA History|
|31.||KL/17/SD/N/128959||NC II||ANANTHAKRISHNAN V||BA Journalism|
|32.||KL/17/SD/N/128969||NC II||AMAL ASHOK||B.Sc. Maths|
|33.||KL/17/SD/N/128962||NC II||ABHIJITH S||BA Economics|
|34.||KL/17/SD/N/128971||NC II||ANAND S||BSc. PCA|
|35.||KL/17/SD/N/128972||NC II||AMAL A||BA Journalism|
|36.||KL/17/SD/N/128973||NC II||AKHIL A||BA History|
|37.||KL/17/SD/N/128974||NC II||AMAL R.||B.Sc. Physics|
|38.||KL/17/SD/N/128975||NC II||SAJEESH S.||B.Com|
|39.||KL/17/SD/N/128976||NC II||BRIJEESH S||BA Sanskrit|
|40.||KL/17/SD/N/128977||NC II||ANANTHAKRISHNAN GK||B.Sc. Chemistry|
|41.||KL/17/SD/N/128978||NC II||SUBIN S||B.Sc. Botany|
|42.||KL/17/SD/N/128979||NC II||AKASH S JEEVAN||B.Sc. Zoology|
|43.||KL/17/SD/N/128980||NC II||VISHNU MC||B.Com|
|44.||KL/17/SW/N/128981||NC II||GAURI SANKAR S||BA English|
|45.||KL/17/SW/N/128982||NC II||SALMA SS||B.Com|
|46.||KL/17/SW/N/128983||NC II||KEERTHI A.||BA Economics|
|47.||KL/17/SW/N/128984||NC II||SRUTHY J||BA English|
|48.||KL/17/SW/N/128985||NC II||DIVYA DINESH||B.Com|
|49.||KL/17/SW/N/128986||NC II||ANJITHA KRISHNAN||B.Com|
|50.||KL/17/SW/N/128987||NC II||AKHILA RAJ||B. Sc. Physics|
Consolidated Strength of Cadets (2017-18)
|Year of Enrollment||SD Cadets||SW Cadets||Total|
Regular parade of NCC cadets started on 15 August 2017 with Independence day parade at Lal Bahadur Stadium. After the selection of first year cadets, NCC parade started on 16 September 2017 for first year cadets. This year a total 17.5 parades were conducted. In addition to drill training, cadets were given training on NCC service subjects like, NCC Organization, leadership, health and hygiene, semaphore, boat pulling, ship modeling, firing, etc.
During this year the cadets attended the following training camps.
- One cadet attended Advanced Leadership Camp at Hijli High School, IIT, Kanpur, West Bengal from 28 May 2017 to 7 June 2017.
- Twenty Cadets participated in the Independence Day celebrations organized by 3(k) Naval Unit NCC at Lal Bahadur Stadium.
- Enrollment of First Year cadets was conducted on 9 and 10 August 2018. Out of 104 students who were interested to join NCC, 21 students were enrolled (14 SDs and 7 SWs).
- Ten Cadets attended Pre-IGC Launching Camp 2017 at 3(K) NU NCC, Thevally from 22 August 2017 to 31August 2017.
- Ten Cadets attended IGC 2017 at St. Alosius School, Kollam from 1 September 2017 to 10 September 2017.
- Six Cadets attended Pre-NSC at 3(K) NU NCC, Thevally from 16 September 2017 to 25 September 2017
- 31 Cadets Participated in Swatch Bharat Programme on 25 and 26 September 2017. Cadets actively participated in the Kollam beach cleaning programe. Poster competitions were also conducted in connection with the programme.
- Four Cadets attended AINSC 2017 held at Karwar from 26 September 2017 to 3 October 2017.
- Seven Cadets attended the Pre-IGC RDC Launching Camp at SKV VHSS, Thrikkannamangalam, Kottarakkara from 28 September to 7 October 2017.
- As part of the Gandhi Jayanthi celebration, Our cadets participated in the Kollam Beach cleaning drive organized by the police department on 2 October 2017
- One cadet attended National Integration camp at Burdwan, West Bengal from 5 October 2017 to 16 October 2017.
- Nine Cadets attended the RDC-IGC –I at SKV VHSS, Thrikkannamangalam, Kottarakkara from 28 September to 7 October 2017.
- Nine Cadets attended the RDC-IGC – II at Thrichur from 16 to 25 October 2017.
- One cadet attended AIYR 2017 at Chilka, Odisha from 2 November 2017 to 9 November 2017.
- One cadet attended Pre-RD – I Camp at Thiruvananthapuram from 7 November 2017 to 17 November 2017.
- One cadet attended Camp at Jaisalmeer, Rajastan from 18 November 2017 to 29 November 2017.
- Six Cadets participated in the blood donation programme conducted at 3(K) NU NCC, Thevally on 24 November 2017.
- As part of the NCC Day celebration, 08 SD Cadets and 02 SW cadets of our unit participated in NCC Marathone from Asramom Maidanam to 3 (K) NU NCC, Thevally, organized by Kollam Group on 25 November 2017.
- As part of the Armed forces Flag Day, An awareness programme was organized at Collectors chamber. Five cadets of our unit attended the program.
- Two cadets attended NIC – II at Kozhikkodu from 22 December 2017 to 02 January 2018.
- Twenty eight Cadets attended Annual Training Camp (ATC 2018) at SMHSS, Kottara from 04 April to 13 April 2018.
This Academic year 11 and 09 cadets of this unit appeared for NCC “B” and “C’ certificate examinations respectively and all cadets passed the ‘B’ and ‘C’ Examinations. Details are given below:
Details of Students Passed B – Certificate Exam 2018
|Sl. No.||Regimental No.||Rank||Name in full||Class||Exam Grade|
|1.||KL/17/SD/N/128952||NC I||VIPIN CHANDRAN R||B.Sc. Maths||B|
|2.||KL/16/SD/N/128953||NC I||SOURAV M||B.Sc. Physics||B|
|3.||KL/16/SD/N/128954||NC I||SARATHKUMAR S||B.Sc. Maths||B|
|4.||KL/16/SD/N/128955||NC I||SYAMJITH M||B.Sc. Physics||A|
|5.||KL/16/SD/N/128956||NC I||NIBIN A KUMAR||B.A. English||B|
|6.||KL/16/SD/N/128957||NC I||MENINO FUTO||B.Sc. Maths||B|
|7.||KL/16/SD/N/128960||LCdt||AMAL DEV A||B.A. Politics||B|
|8.||KL/16/SW/N/128963||NC I||RESHMA MATHEW||B.Sc. Physics||A|
|9.||KL/16/SW/N/128964||NC I||GAYATHRI S||B.Sc. Maths||A|
|10.||KL/16/SW/N/128965||NC I||ANUPRIYA B.M.||B.Sc. Botany||B|
|11.||KL/16/SW/N/128966||NC I||ANU M.G.||B. Com||B|
Details of Students Passed ‘C’ Certificate Exam 2018
|Sl. No.||Regimental No.||Rank||Name||Class||Exam Grade|
|1.||KER/SN/15/139021||LCDT||Jyothirmoi M.R.||II B.A. Philo||B|
|2.||KER/SN/15/139024||LCDT||Subin John||II B.A. Eng||B|
|3.||KER/SN/15/139025||LCDT||Ananthapadmanabhan G.K.||II B.Sc. Zool||B|
|4.||KER/SN/15/139027||LCDT||Nithin V.||II B.Sc. Chem||B|
|5.||KER/SN/15/139028||POC||Anoop Rajeev||II B.Com||A|
|6.||KER/SW/15/139031||NC I||Keerthana M.||II B.A. Hindi||C|
|7.||KER/SW/15/139035||NC I||Anjana Vikraman||II B.Sc. Botany||C|
|8.||KER/SW/15/139036||NC I||Krishna N.||II B.A. Hindi||C|
|9.||KER/SW/15/139038||LCDT||Sumitha M.||II B. Com||C|
Participation of SLt. Dr. S. LAIJU, ANO
- Detailed as Deputy Camp Commandant for the Pre-IGC Launching Camp 2017 at 3(K) NU NCC, Thevally from 22 August 2017 to 31August 2017.
- Detailed as Deputy Camp Commandant for Pre-NSC at 3(K) NU NCC, Thevally from 16 September 2017 to 25 September 2017
- Detailed as the Board Member for the ‘C’ Certificate examination of Naval NCC Cadets held at SN College, Kollam on 23 and 24 February 2018.
- Detailed as Deputy Camp Commandant for the ATC 2018 at SMHSS, Kottara from 04 April 2018 to 13 April 2018.
BUDGETARY ALLOCATIONS (2017-18)
|Sl No.||Item||Amount Allotted||Amount Spent|
|1.||Refreshment to Cadets & ANO||67,050.00||67,050.00|
|2.||Washing Allowance to Cadets||3,140.00||3,140.00|
|3.||Outfit Maintenance Allowance to ANO||480.00||480.00|
|4.||Remuneration to ANO||23054.00||23,054.00|
SLt. Dr. LAIJU S.
ANO (Naval Wing)
Sree Narayana College, Kollam